The Rev. D. F. Smith and fourteen charter members organized New Hope Baptist Church before 1886, when the congregation joined the Tarrant Baptist Association. In its early years, the congregation met once a month in the New Hope School Building. J.J. Williams, the son of a charter member, gave land for a church building in 1903. It was dedicated in 1905. Services were held twice each month beginning in 1917. Full-time services were begun in 1942 and a new auditorium was erected in 1948, heralding a time of prosperity for the church. The congregation built a new sanctuary in 1972 to serve its growing membership. The church remains active in the tradition of its founders with programs of worship and service to its members and the larger community.